Throughout this document, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “ours” refer to TabbieMe Ltd. And the terms “you”, “your” “yours” & “you and/or your child “refer to You (as the User of the Platform). Users also include all persons who access, browse, or sign up on the Platform including students, parents, teachers and school management.
TabbieMe may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What Personal Data do we Collect?
Categories of Personal Data that we collect, and process are as follows:
- If you/your child are registering as a student we collect demographic & identity data (name, email address, contact number, location, school name, school grade)
- If you are registering as an instructor, we collect demographic & identity data (name, email address, contact number, location, school name, school grade)
- If you/your child are purchasing our Self Revision platform, you are required to enter your credit/debit card details for payment, but that will not be stored in our site. You will be directly guided to the secure payment gateway.
- The Personal Data we process is provided by you directly to us when you (i) register to use our products and/or services including the registration for a free trial; or (ii) when your school provides as part of implementation.
- It is optional for students to upload their profile picture on the application.
How do we use your Personal Data
- To verify your identity
- To evaluate, develop and improve our products and services
- To reset your password for lost or forgotten password;
- To handle enquiries and complaints
- To organise trainings and support sessions.
- To send reports on performance
- To send reminders for tasks to be completed
- To communicate with you regarding existing products and services availed by you, and for any upgrades or surveys.
- To publicize, post and display the achievements, testimonials on our website, social media pages and other relevant websites.
- To send prizes or certificates if any for participation and performance on the Site.
- To send product newsletters or emails to notify our users of all the current events, changes, improvements, upgrades, rules, and so on, of the Site.
- In addition, we may notify our Registrants of new products and services that TabbieMe has designed and made available to the Registrants. In all communications, Registrants may opt out at any time by following the specific opt out instructions within the communications that we send.
We will keep your personal information confidential and not sell or knowingly divulge your information to advertisers or any external third parties, unless:
- We are required to share your information with a third party in order to comply with law or to comply with a court order or subpoena;
- To enforce our website or event rules; or
- To protect the safety and security of our Registrants and our Site.
Generally we will only use your information within TabbieMe. However, sometimes we provide data on results to government education departments, peak bodies managing or representing schools, or schools themselves. We will require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and we will require that they do not have access to your personal information and not use the data for commercial purposes.
How long we hold your information
We will keep any personal information we collect from Registrants for as long as they are registered users of the Site. If a Registrant cancels their registration or it otherwise lapses after 3 years of not using the Site, we will only keep their personal information for the purpose of tracking of progress of students over the years and also for sending the Registrant information regarding our other products and services if they agree to receive this information.
Personal information is otherwise deleted or destroyed.
Keeping your personal information secure
We are committed to information security. We will use all reasonable endeavours to keep Registrants’ personal information in a secure environment. For instance, each Registrant’s personal information is encrypted whilst being sent to our server at the time of registration. However, total security cannot be guaranteed due to the nature of the internet.
Our security measures are designed to assist in Registrants’ personal information not being accessed by unauthorised personnel, lost or misused. If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information please let us know by contacting our support team.
In addition to personal information and results data, We also collects anonymous information about Registrants and the activities of Registrants on the Site. Anonymous information is information that is not linked to the name of a user. This information is used to assist us in enhancing the learning resources and the information remains anonymous at all times.
When agreeing to the Site Terms and Conditions, Registrants grant us the right to use this anonymous information for its own purposes, such as the preparation of statistical reports, provided TabbieMe otherwise complies with its obligations in respect of the use of personal information.
General Communication Principle
The only way that the site allows communication is for students to add each other as a buddy and set challenges to the buddy. There is no exchange of messages or chatroom connected with it. At all times, students are engaged in meaningful educative activity within a secure environment.
Public Displays of Names
TabbieMe strives to provide highly engaging websites for students. Given students have indicated their strong preference for their name to be shown publicly, in recognition of their achievements, we allow this – but we do not allow full names (ie First Name and Surname) to be shown publicly. We only show first name, usernames, state, school and country.